The more I research artificial sweeteners, the less I want to include them in my high fat, low carb diet. I recently read while stevia (even in a liquid form) does not raise blood sugar levels, it can raise insulin levels. The whole point of eating high fat, low carb is to keep insulin levels low.
This is still a topic of debate … so time for my own research. For the month of January I am taking out all artificial sweeteners from the recipes I make. I want to share the recipes with you in case you have a similar goal.
While I do not expect these recipes to be sweet, this fat bomb tastes strikingly similar to the original recipe. Score!
Scroll down for the new recipe.
If you’re wondering how I get away with eating so much delicious food, yet maintain my lowest weight ever, check out our free Keto Kickstart Course! Learn how I got started with my 100+ pound weight loss success.
If you’re new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 4 oz coconut oil
- 2 oz butter
- 2 oz peanut butter
- 1 oz 85% or higher dark chocolate (My favorite is Theo’s 85% from Thrive Market)
- Over medium heat, combine coconut oil, peanut butter, dark chocolate and butter (350 degrees F if using toaster oven)
- Stir occasionally until melted
- Spoon into mini muffin pan in 1 tablespoon increments
- Freeze until firm (approximately 20 minutes)
- Remove from pan by popping out with butter knife
- Store in ziploc bag in freezer or fridge
* Recipe makes approximately 24 fat bombs
QUIT DIETING FOREVER!
To learn how to stop yo-yo dieting FOREVER, click here. Work with your body, not against it!
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeLet's Connect!