A big portion of the weight I gained in my twenties can be attributed to fried rice. All Chinese food was a mystery to me until college. Once I found Orange Chicken and Fried Rice from Panda Express, there was no looking back. At least until it was time to take off the weight for good. Low carb, high fat lifestyles and fried rice just do not mix.
Perhaps I have been out of the carb game for too long, but this Coconut Cauliflower Fried Rice tastes so close to the real thing! Except this recipe helps keep my insulin levels low and my carb cravings at bay. I replaced some traditional fried rice ingredients with coconut counterparts to make this recipe a little sweeter.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you are still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Click below to learn how I changed my life forever!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 1 bag riced cauliflower (alternatively, you can rice your own. In this instance, use 1 medium head of cauliflower)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or enough to cover bottom of skillet)
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Sea salt (to taste)
- If you prefer vegetable fried rice, additional chopped vegetables to consider: celery, broccoli, green or red peppers, spinach
- In large skillet, melt coconut oil over medium-high heat
- Once melted, add onion and minced garlic. Cook 2-3 minutes, until onion is translucent
- Add riced cauliflower. Cook until tender
- Mix in beaten egg, coconut aminos and black pepper. Try to coat most of rice with egg. Stir well until egg is fully cooked
- Stir in diced green onions and sea salt
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeLet's Connect!