A lot of people ask me if the collagen I use in recipes is necessary. Typically the answer is – it helps, but is not vital. For this recipe, it’s kind of the whole point.
I feel like I haven’t been able to get enough collagen into my day lately. I love collagen for great skin, hair, nails and an impeccable immune system. Check out this blog to learn even more.
IMPORTANT NOTE: I did not use anything to sweeten these cupcakes beyond dark chocolate. If you are used to sweetness in your diet, you may need to add liquid stevia or Swerve to this recipe. I prefer my cupcakes non-sweetened, but if you still use artificial sweeteners consistently, these cupcakes may be too bitter for you.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you are still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Click below to learn how I changed my life forever!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 7 ounces dark chocolate (I use Theo’s 85% dark from Thrive Market)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces Perfect Keto Unflavored Collagen
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Layer cupcake tins with cupcake wrappers (I like to double up, as the oil can leak through a little)
- Melt dark chocolate and butter together over medium heat on stove
- Once melted, set aside to cool
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and collagen together with hand mixer
- Pour vanilla extract into butter / chocolate mixture and stir
- Slowly combine egg, heavy cream and collagen mixture with butter / chocolate mixture. Stir with whisk as you combine
- Pour into cupcake tins (I made 12 cupcakes from recipe)
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until set in the center
Approximate Macros per cupcake:
Calories: 228 Carbs: 7.5g total, 5.5g net Protein: 8g Fat: 20.5g
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeLet's Connect!