Here’s my take on one of my paleo pecan bar pie favorites! I make these everything Thanksgiving and they get more delicious each year. While they make a great dessert, they also go well with coffee for a delicious low-carb, high-fat breakfast.
PS, I’m still on that anti-artificial sweeteners kick we talked about before. Here is yet another tasty recipe completely artificial sweetener free, but delicious enough to fool your taste buds!
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Check out my free e-book to learn how I used more fat to maximize my low-carb, high-fat diet results!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend crust ingredients together with hand mixer.
- Once combined, press flat into lined baking pan. Cook for 12-14 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together all filling ingredients except pecans in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium heat, stirring with a whisk often.
- Once at a gentle boil, turn heat down and allow filling to simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 of the chopped pecans. Stir to combine and then set aside to cool.
- Pour on top of crust. Flatten with a spatula and sprinkle remaining pecans over the pie bars.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow bars to come to room temperature. Once cooled, place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Recipe Makes about 16 Bars
Tip: I no longer use artificial sweeteners in my recipes. If you still use sweeteners, these may not be sweet enough for you. Try adding liquid stevia drops or Swerve to your desired sweetness level.
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeFollow Me: