While this mug brownie is listed under desserts, I’d be a liar if I said I don’t sometimes eat it as a meal. This brownie is perfect to share…or even small enough to eat all by yourself.
Most mug brownies use the microwave and load up on artificial sweeteners. Since I cut both of those from my low carb life long ago, this mug brownie might be a little different than you’re accustomed to. It’s all in the name of health, I swear!
PS, I’m still on that anti-artificial sweeteners kick we talked about before. Here is yet another tasty recipe completely artificial sweetener free, but delicious enough to fool your taste buds!
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Check out our Keto Decoded Course to learn how lost more than 100 pounds and how I easily maintain that loss!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- ¼ cup Thrive Organic Almond Flour
- 1 large egg
- 2 squares Theo’s 85% dark chocolate (about ¾ oz dark chocolate)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Great Lakes Collagen Protein (optional for additional protein)
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ ounce walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (alternatively you can bake in convection oven at 400)
- Melt butter and chocolate together on medium heat in small saucepan. Set aside.
- Add almond flour, collagen protein and baking powder to small oven safe dish. Stir to combine.
- Stir in melted butter and chocolate.
- Add egg to flour / chocolate mixture. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle walnuts on top of batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until center is fully cooked.
Recipe Makes approximately 1 mug brownie
I lost 110 pounds!
Learn Effective Strategies That Really Work!