I asked my husband what to name this dish after he taste tested it for dinner – he said just call it “Delicious.”
I cannot tell a lie – there is a little extra prep work involved than most of my recipes … but the outcome is completely worth the extra prep.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Click here to learn how I changed my life forever!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup low sugar marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced thin
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Slice zucchini thin with vegetable slicer.
- To be sure dish isn’t watery, dry sliced zucchini out by placing in air fryer for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can grill zucchini for a few minutes.
- While lightly crisping zucchini, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Once melted, stir in 2 tsp minced garlic until lightly browned.
- Once garlic browns, add 1 cup heavy cream to saucepan
- Stir frequently, until sauce thickens (5-10 minutes).
- Once sauce thickens, add low sugar marinara sauce. Stir well.
WHILE COOKING SAUCE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- While meat is browning, add 1 tsp minced garlic and season to taste with oregano.
- Mix in diced onion while beef is browning.
- Once browned, pour thickened sauce over beef mixture and stir.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer crisped zucchini on bottom of dish.
- Top zucchini layer with beef/sauce mix.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes.
Makes approximately 5 servings.
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeLet's Connect!