Far too many pre-packaged low carb bars are filled with far too much junk. All of these added extras can sometimes lead to a stall on your keto plan.
Make these bites, then double up the serving size to get the nutrition you’ll typically find in those keto friendly bars. Making your own treats helps you control the quality of the ingredients you add.
As with most of my recipes, these bites don’t contain any low calorie sweeteners. Some artificial sweeteners most keto treats contain can stall results and lead to digestive problems soon after you indulge.
I do add blackstrap molasses to add a touch of sweetness – but it is my belief that our bodies understand how to break down this type of sweetener, and as long as you limit your intake while counting all carbs, these should fit into your plan with ease.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Click here to learn how I changed my life forever!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 2 oz dark chocolate
- Over medium heat, melt butter in sauce pan.
- Once melted, add in heavy cream and whisk together. Turn down heat to simmer.
- Whisk in maple extract and blackstrap molasses.
- Stir on occasion as mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes. Once mixture has a caramel like texture, remove from heat.
- Mix in chopped almonds. Spoon in 1 tbsp increments into mini-muffin tins that are lined with mini muffin wrappers.
- Place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate over low-medium heat.
- Remove almond bites from freezer and drizzle chocolate on top.
- Place in fridge or freezer until firm. Store in fridge.
Makes 15 Bites
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeLet's Connect!