Veteran health podcaster, blogger, international speaker, and bestselling author Jimmy Moore from “Livin’ La Vida Low-Carb” hosts this podcast dedicated to featuring listener testimonials and stories about their journey using intermittent, alternate day, and extended fasting. Jimmy, along with noted Toronto-based nephrologist and fasting expert Dr. Jason Fung, is the coauthor of the 2016 international bestselling book The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting and has years of experience and knowledge about fasting to share in these engaging conversations with everyday people perfecting the fine art of not eating. Listen in today as Jimmy talks with Nissa Graun from Eating Fat is the New Skinny about her incredible journey in Episode 27.
“A lot of moms grab bad food when they’re hungry. Intermittent fasting allows you to not give into cravings and make better choices.” – Nissa Graun
Here’s what Jimmy and Nissa talked about in Episode 27:
– How Nissa was a yo-yo dieter since age 12
– Always had somewhere between 20-50 pounds to lose.
– After having her first son in 2013, she reached an all-time high weight of 235 lbs
– After months of struggling, she found some books that helped.
– Cutting carbs, took supplements to fix my digestion and began intermittent fasting for 14 hours daily and lost 80 lbs and cured lifelong ailments including depression, anxiety, cystic acne, heartburn, chronic migraines, chronic sinus infections and brought down blood sugar levels in diabetic ranges.
– Regained 50 lbs with her second pregnancy, but managed to avoid gestational diabetes
– Post pregnancy, began intermittent fasting and a keto diet. With the knowledge gained through keto and fasting talk, she shed the 50 lbs she gained plus 20 more – for a grand total of 140 pounds lost.
QUIT DIETING FOREVER!
To learn how to stop yo-yo dieting FOREVER, click here. Work with your body, not against it!
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsme