These seasoned sweet potato skins make a great appetizer or even an excellent side dish option for your low-carb, high-fat lifestyle.
Many people following a keto diet avoid sweet potatoes. If you have carbs to spare or even if you’re allowing yourself a real food carb up day, give this delicious recipe a try! These wedges are a great addition if you’re following a low-carb, high-fat lifestyle.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Check out my free e-book to learn how I used more fat to maximize my low-carb, high-fat diet results!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- 1 pound sweet potatoes sliced in 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 slices of crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 bunch green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, softened or melted
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sliced sweet potatoes, coconut oil, thyme, sage and parsley. Stir well.
- Line potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place on top baking rack and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flip potatoes.
- Top with cheese and crumbled bacon. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and potatoes are cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top potatoes with sour cream and diced green onions.
Recipe makes approximately 5 Servings
Stop the Yo-Yo Forever! Click below to learn more:
Natural Reference Supplements: Practitioner Code: nissahelpsmeFollow Me: