Who cares that the name of this delicious single serving dish has the word cake in it…this is a great breakfast alternative on the days you just don’t want to eat eggs. Plus, there’s an egg hidden in the recipe…so it’s kind of the same thing.
Of course, this cinnamon mug cake is a great option anytime of day! There’s lots of healthy fat and it’s satiating enough to make up an entire meal. Did I mention there’s only 4.4 net carbs in the entire cake?
This also tastes great with a keto cream cheese glaze! Just whip together softened cream cheese, heavy cream, butter and vanilla extract with a hand blender and pour over the top.
PS, I’m still on that anti-artificial sweeteners kick we talked about before. Here is yet another tasty recipe completely artificial sweetener free, but delicious enough to fool your taste buds! If you prefer sweetenedfoods, add your sweetener of choice before baking.
Scroll down for the recipe.
If you’re still struggling to stick with your low-carb, high-fat diet, even with delicious recipes like this, I STRUGGLED TOO! Check out all of my keto books to learn how lost more than 100 pounds & how I easily maintain that loss!
If you are new to my website, welcome. Take a look around – I have a lot of information to share: videos, blogs, recipes and more!
- ¼ cup Thrive Organic Almond Flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Great Lakes Collagen Protein
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. (alternatively you can bake in convection oven at 400)
- Melt butter and almond butter together on medium heat in small saucepan. Stir in vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Add almond flour, collagen protein and cinnamon to small oven safe dish. Stir to combine.
- Stir in melted butter and almond butter mixture.
- Add egg to flour / butter mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until center is fully cooked.