I made this bacon wrapped chicken tenders in my air-fryer for a quick & easy keto dinner.
At first I was a little nervous when it came to making bacon in my air fryer, but it was much easier and that lingering bacon smell that comes with cooking bacon in the oven was non-existent.
If you don’t have an air fryer already, don’t rush out to get one since you can make this delicious keto dinner recipe in your oven too!
Whenever I make bacon wrapped anything, the recipe turns out so much better when I wrap it up and then fry it in a pan first for 2-3 minutes per side. This will result in less overall cooking time and will make the bacon nice and crispy on the outside.
If you make this easy keto dinner in your oven, preheat your oven for 375 degrees and cook until the chicken is fully cooked in the center. Depending on how thick your chicken tenders are, it should take 25 – 35 minutes to bake.
I’d also recommend placing the bacon wrapped chicken on a slotted tray to allow the grease to drip through instead of making your chicken soggy as your meal cooks.
As your bacon wrapped chicken tenders cook, via air fryer or in the oven, you can start melting this delicious spicy cheese sauce.
It only takes a few minutes before it starts bubbling, but you may want to cook it a little longer over low-medium heat if you like your cheese sauce a little thicker.
While this sauce gives these bacon wrapped chicken tenders a creamy kick, don’t limit yourself to just using it for these recipes. This sauce is amazing over veggies, eggs or other meat dishes.
Once the bacon wrapped chicken tenders reach your desired crispness and are cooked thoroughly in the center, pour this amazing sauce right over the top, or leave it on the side for a delicious dipping sauce.
I sprinkled a little parsley on top to give it a little extra color.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Spicy Cheese Sauce
Delicious bacon wrapped chicken covered in a melty cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer and Stove Top
- Cuisine: Keto
- Diet: Diabetic
Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb bacon
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Spicy Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mexican cheese
- Pinch of sea salt
To Prepare the Chicken:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F
- Line the air fryer tray with parchment paper
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch strips. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap each slice of chicken with one slice of bacon.
- Place the wrapped chicken strips into the air fryer and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce:
- Add the cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, stir in the Mexican cheese and cream cheese.
- Continue to stir the ingredients until melted together. Then bring to a simmer.
- Once the cheese bubbles, remove from heat and stir.
- If you prefer a thicker cheese sauce, continue to heat for another 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired thickness.
Once the bacon wrapped chicken is fully cooked, top it with the spicy cheese sauce
- Serving Size: Serves 5
- Calories: 536
- Sugar: 1.2
- Sodium: 942.6
- Fat: 36.7
- Saturated Fat: 16.7
- Trans Fat: .7
- Carbohydrates: 2.1
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 47.1
Keywords: Keto Dinner, Keto Meals, Low Carb Meal, Low Carb Dinner