Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Skip store bought low carb ice cream and test out this easy keto butter pecan ice cream recipe instead. Made with simple ingredients that will help your progress on a keto diet. Learn tips to make dairy free, swap out sweeteners, and more!
- Author: Nissa
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours in freezer
- Total Time: 3 hours, 15 mins
- Yield: Recipe Serves 6 1x
- Category: Keto Dessert Recipes
- Method: Stove Top and Freezer
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1/2 tsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Chop pecans with coarse setting on nut chopper.
- Then toast the pecans in a parchment paper lined baking pan at 350 degrees until fragrant. This should take 4-8 minutes.
- Add butter into a small pan. Heat over medium to slightly brown butter to bring out the flavor.
- Remove from heat and add the pecans and salt into the butter mixture. Toss until well coated and set aside.
- Add the heavy cream into a saucepan. Allow it to come to a simmer over medium heat.
- While you wait for the cream to heat up, whisk the egg yolks together with the blackstrap molasses in a separate bowl.
- Once the cream is ready, slowly stream the egg mixture into the cream. Whisk together as you slowly pour in the egg yolk mixture into the cream.
- Then stir in the butter and pecans.
- Heat on low until the mixture thickens, or approximately 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk on occasion.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then stir in the maple extract and combine well.
- Carefully pour into a mason jar and cover. Give a good shake. Then freeze until frozen, or approximately 3 hours.
- If you prefer an egg-free recipe, leave out the egg yolks. Keep in mind, the recipe will be more icy and less creamy.
- You can swap out heavy cream for a mixture of coconut cream and coconut milk if you prefer a dairy-free recipe. I typically substitute a raw heavy cream since most people aren’t as sensitive to this form of cream.
- Swap the molasses for your favorite keto-friendly sweetener if that’s your preference.
- Allow the mason jar to sit on the counter for a few minutes if the ice cream is solid.
- Serving Size: Recipe Serves 6
- Calories: 201.8
- Sugar: 1.6
- Sodium: 41.9
- Fat: 21.4
- Saturated Fat: 11.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: .6
- Carbohydrates: 2.1
- Fiber: .4
- Protein: 1.6
- Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream, Keto Ice Cream Recipe, How to Make Keto Ice Cream