Meal Prep and Garlic Cream Sauce
- Slice the zucchini into thin slices with vegetable peeler.
- To be sure dish isn’t watery, dry the sliced zucchini out. First salt it and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Then pat dry with a paper towel. Place it in an air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can follow the same process, but grill or bake the zucchini in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While lightly crisping zucchini, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium heat in saucepan.
- Once melted, stir in 2 tsp minced garlic until lightly browned.
- Once the garlic browns, add 1 cup heavy cream to saucepan
- Stir frequently, until sauce thickens (5-10 minutes).
- Once the sauce thickens, add low sugar marinara sauce. Stir well.
While cooking sauce…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- While meat browns, add 1 tsp minced garlic and season to taste with oregano.
- Mix in diced onion while the beef browns.
- Once browned, pour thickened sauce over beef mixture and stir.
Combine And Bake…
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer crisped zucchini on the bottom of the dish.
- Top the zucchini layer with beef mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes.