Looking for an easy keto side to add to your dinner rotation?
These bacon garlic green beans are AH-MAZING! And they’re so quick to make.
Be sure to prep the bacon ahead of time and store it in your fridge for a really quick side option. I like to prep 1-2 lbs of extra bacon each week on my griddle to add to recipes like this throughout the week. It saves a ton of time, especially when it comes to clean up.
Bacon Garlic Green Beans
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Keto
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 lb green beans (fresh or frozen)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- 6–8 strips of thick-cut bacon
- Boil a large pot of water (enough to cover green beans once you add them). Add salt while water is boiling.
- Add green beans to boiling water. Reduce heat; cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- While cooking green beans, heat butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Once melted, stir in minced garlic, chopped bacon, and red onions.
- Saute on low – medium heat while cooking green beans. (do not burn the garlic or butter)
- Drain green beans and add to the skillet. Continue to stir over medium heat for about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 172.4
- Fat: 13.1
- Carbohydrates: 7.5
- Fiber: 2.6
- Protein: 7.7
Keywords: Keto Side Dish, Keto Sides, Low Carb Side Dish, Low Carb Side Dish