Is a keto diet right for you?
Even though we have an entire podcast dedicated to keto, several courses teaching you how to make keto work for you and we’ve both written extensive books on a keto lifestyle, we want you to understand that keto isn’t right for every person. This is especially true when your digestion or body chemistry aren’t set up for a keto lifestyle!
Watch the Full Episode!
If keto isn’t right for you right now, all it may take is a few simple changes to set yourself up to succeed on keto.
We’ve all heard about crazy amazing results with keto in regards to both weight loss and health improvements. Still, I bet you know someone who’s failed on a keto diet. Perhaps you even are that person!
There’s a lot of mistakes people make on keto that stall keto weight loss results. We’ll be sure to cover those in upcoming episodes.
In episode 1 of Chat the Fat, we talk about imbalances or bodily malfunctions that can make it difficult to thrive on a keto diet. Learn how to figure out if these issues are a problem for you. If these common keto roadblocks are keeping you stuck, stick with us to learn how to fix them!
Want to listen to the show instead? Listen below. Don’t forget to subscribe where ever you listen to podcasts!
Episode Show Notes / Topics Discussed in this episode:
- Keto is a great plan for weight loss and health benefits, but that doesn’t mean keto is right for everyone who attempts a low-carb, high-fat plan.
- Taking steps to work with your body can make a keto plan right for you.
- We chat reasons why low-carb didn’t work for Nissa after trying different plans for several years:
- Nissa had trouble digesting high fat foods after years of yo-yo diets and over the counter medications.
- She spent too many years eating processed diet foods, so her body cried out for more processed foods instead of the real food that would help her progress.
- You need stomach acid to break real food down, which eating processed diet food doesn’t promote.
- You don’t need to give up every processed food today, but we talk about how to get more real food into your plan for better success.
- We talk about signs and symptoms that you may not be digesting fat well.
- Sometimes adding more fat to your keto diet can lead to weight gain. We talk about the reasons this may happen.
- We talk about the importance of electrolytes on keto, but improving this problem can be more than taking an electrolyte supplement.
- We touch on other imbalances that might make following a keto diet more difficult
- Keto isn’t a quick fix plan. Those who go into keto with this attitude will have a difficult time on a keto plan.
- We talk how carb cravings on a keto plan are related to digestion.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
Is Keto Right for Me episode download
Links mentioned in video:
Download: Is Keto Right for Me? http://www.chatthefat.com/episode1
Chat the Fat, episode 1: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chat-the-fat/id1460723493
Troubleshooting Keto Master Workshop: http://www.chatthefat.com/workshop
Website: http://www.eatingfatisthenewskinny.com (blogs, recipes, videos & more)
Podcast: http://www.chatthefat.com (find on your favorite podcast app!)
Digestion Course: http://www.eatingfatisthenewskinny.com/fixme
KetoDecoded Courses: https://www.eatingfatisthenewskinny.com/masterclass
Leave a Reply