Looking for a slow cooker pot roast recipe your whole family will love? Don’t let this keto pot roast recipe fool you. Even family members who don’t follow a low carb diet will crave this delicious comfort food.
Simply add your favorite low carb vegetables as a side, and you can have a hearty meal on your dinner table in a flash.
Before we talk about how to make this low carb pot roast recipe, I wanted to let you know this blog contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission if you click through.
I also link to the same info that helped me lose 100 pounds with a low-carb diet. Click through those links so the info can help you too!
Balsamic Beef Slow Cooker Recipe Ingredients
Just like a traditional pot roast, the main ingredient for this low carb recipe is a 2-3 pound boneless chuck roast. If you prefer other cuts of meat, like a rump roast, most other roasts work for this recipe as well.
Using the highest quality roast you can find can help lower inflammation on a ketogenic diet. When it comes to meat, selecting organic, grass-fed meat will help you get the most nutrients. You’ll also keep toxins that are found in conventional meats at a minimum. This is a win-win for your delicious recipes.
If you’re unable to source grass-fed beef near you, check out Butcher Box. They’ll deliver grass-fed, organic meat right to your doorstep.
While you may be shocked to find balsamic vinegar as an ingredient for a keto diet recipe, this is simply used to flavor the meat. This means very little of the carbs will transfer to your plate.
How to Make Keto Crockpot Balsamic Beef
Start by preheating the crockpot or slow cooker to a low setting. Then spray the crockpot with a nonstick spray. While the crockpot heats up, you can brown the outside of the roast.
To brown the roast, first melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat until it is hot. Then add the roast into the hot oil. Brown each side for 2-3 minutes per side.
Once all sides of the roast is browned, add it into the crockpot. Scrape all of the brown bits from the pan and add them into the crockpot for the best flavor.
Next, add the balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos and minced garlic into a bowl. Stir to combine. Then pour the sauce over the low carb beef roast.
Finally, season the roast to taste with oregano.
You can add any additional seasonings you prefer here as well. Black pepper, salt or a little bit of garlic powder also work well with this recipe. These spices add even more flavor without adding to the carb count of the meal.
Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. If you need the cooking time to be shorter, you can cook this low-carb pot roast on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Easy Pot Roast Tips:
While the original recipe is pretty straight forward, let’s chat about a few tips you can use to make this keto crockpot meal even easier:
- If you’re short on time, or you want less dishes to wash, you can skip browning the beef in a frying pan to cut back on cook time. While this is a great way to give your easy keto pot roast a good flavor, it’s not necessary. (As shown in the steps above).
- For best results and a more tender pot roast, choose the longer cooking window at a lower temperature.
- While I typically use a boneless beef chuck roast for this recipe, I have used a beef brisket in the past and it’s also a great cut of meat for this recipe.
- To make this even more of a flavorful low carb pot roast dish, you can add beef broth or olive oil into the pot roast sauce. Both are great additions to this low-carb recipe.
The Best Low Carb Pot Roast Wrap Up
Whether your goal is weight loss on a strict keto diet, or you just prefer following the low carb way as a lifestyle, add balsamic beef to your easy keto recipes list. This is a good pot roast dish that you can combine with so many different keto sides to make a delicious low carb meal.
My favorite low carb side to add alongside any kind of meat is coconut fried cauliflower rice. It’s a quick and easy keto side that I never get bored with.
If you have a little spare time while the pot roast cooks, garlic bacon green beans is a side that requires a little extra prep work – but it’s worth every extra minute you spend in the kitchen.
Don’t forget to save this to your easy keto crockpot recipes Pinterest board. Please share the healthy fat love on social media too!
Keep scrolling for the recipe card and nutritional information.
Take the Keto Quick Start Course
If you’re new to keto, or even if you’ve been around the low carb block – but you want to take your results to the next level, register for the Keto Quick Start Course!
You’ll learn everything you need to know to get into the metabolic state of ketosis. Kick your results into high gear with the same course Keto Challengers use to lose between 10 – 25 lbs in only 3 weeks! Get into a fat burning state fast with this simple plan.
With features like the Mix and Match Meal Plan, plus the Flip the Fat Loss Switch bonus, you’ll save the time, money, and frustration that comes with following a plan that isn’t customized for you!
Balsamic Beef | Low Carb Pot Roast Recipe
More Slow Cooking Recipes from Eating Fat is the New Skinny:Print
Bacon Wrapped Chicken with Spicy Cheese Sauce
Delicious bacon wrapped chicken covered in a melty cheese sauce.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer and Stove Top
- Cuisine: Keto
- Diet: Diabetic
Bacon Wrapped Chicken:
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb bacon
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
Spicy Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Mexican cheese
- Pinch of sea salt
To Prepare the Chicken:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F
- Line the air fryer tray with parchment paper
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch strips. Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap each slice of chicken with one slice of bacon.
- Place the wrapped chicken strips into the air fryer and cook for approximately 15 minutes. Flip and cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce:
- Add the cream and butter to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- While the butter is melting, stir in the Mexican cheese and cream cheese.
- Continue to stir the ingredients until melted together. Then bring to a simmer.
- Once the cheese bubbles, remove from heat and stir.
- If you prefer a thicker cheese sauce, continue to heat for another 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired thickness.
Once the bacon wrapped chicken is fully cooked, top it with the spicy cheese sauce
- Serving Size: Serves 5
- Calories: 536
- Sugar: 1.2
- Sodium: 942.6
- Fat: 36.7
- Saturated Fat: 16.7
- Trans Fat: .7
- Carbohydrates: 2.1
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 47.1
Keywords: Keto Dinner, Keto Meals, Low Carb Meal, Low Carb Dinner
A delicious low carb roast beef recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6-8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours, 10 minutes
- Yield: varies
- Category: Keto Dinner Recipe
- Method: Crockpot and stove top
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
- Diet: Diabetic
- A 3–4 pound chuck roast
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1–3 tablespoons coconut oil (enough to cover the bottom of a pan)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the crock-pot on a low setting
- While the crockpot heats up, melt the coconut oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat until it’s hot.
- Once the oil is hot, add the roast to the oil. Brown on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Spray the crock-pot with nonstick cooking spray (for easy clean up).
- Place roast into crock-pot.
- Add balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos, minced garlic and oregano to coconut oil over medium heat. Stir sauce together while heating over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over roast in crock-pot. Be sure to scrape all seasonings and brown bits from pan for best flavor.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
If you’re short on time, or want less dishes, you can skip browning the meat. Add it straight into a preheated crockpot and pour the sauce over the meat.
- Serving Size: Varies
- Calories: 428.3
- Sugar: 8.4
- Sodium: 315.3
- Fat: 29.5
- Saturated Fat: 11.8
- Carbohydrates: 9.8
- Fiber: 0.2
- Protein: 26.5
Keywords: Keto Roast Beef Dinner, Keto Crockpot Beef Recipe, Low Carb Roast Beef Recipe