- For juicy chicken, brine in a large bowl of water with 2 tbsp of kosher salt, or enough pickle juice to cover chicken. Brine for 10-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Then, carefully discard of chicken juice and cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. Set aside.
- Beat the heavy cream and egg together in a shallow bowl.
- Spread the pork rind crumbs onto a flat surface, like a cutting board or a large plate.
- Line the air fryer tray with perforated parchment paper or spray it with nonstick spray.
- Set up a dipping station, with the chicken first, egg wash second, flattened pork crumbs third, and flat surface last.
How to Air Fry Chicken Nuggets:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Dip the chicken into the egg wash. Shake off excess egg after thoroughly coating both sides.
- Then dip the egg coated chicken into the pork rind crumbs. Make sure both sides are coated well and then place onto a flat surface.
- Repeat until all of the chicken is fully coated, then spray both sides of the chicken with a cooking spray. This helps the chicken get even crispier.
- Place chicken in the air fryer basket. Leave space in between each piece to allow the air to circulate.
- Air fry chicken nuggets for 5-6 minutes, and then flip. Air fry until fully cooked, which should take another 5-6 minutes.