Craving cookie dough on keto? Since traditional cookie dough has too much sugar, plus nearly zero healthy fats – make keto cookie dough fat bombs instead.
These no bake cookie dough bites fit perfectly into a low carb diet without any guilt. And the best part of making healthy cookie dough at home is you can curb any sweet craving with a high fat snack. That’s two big wins in one small treat.
Keep reading to learn how easy making keto cookie bites is, plus how to fit this low carb treat into the ultimate keto fat burning plan.
Why Make Keto Cookie Dough?
If you’re following a low carb diet, why not make keto cookie dough bites? These keto snacks are perfect for when you need a little something sweet, but you still want to lose weight.
If you’re not quite convinced, this healthy edible cookie dough is also:
- Sweetener-free – which helps you curb sweet cravings without going overboard
- Filled with the real food ingredients you need to find success on a keto diet
- A rich treat that allows you to indulge without feeling guilty
- Safer than regular cookie dough since these are flour free and egg free cookie dough bites
Just keep in mind, these no bake cookie dough bites aren’t meant to be baked. If you’re craving keto cookies fresh from the oven, then try low carb almond butter cookies, chocolate pecan balls, or these two ingredient peanut butter cookies instead.
Cookie Dough Bites Ingredients
This 5 ingredient healthy cookie dough recipe includes:
- Almond Flour
- Dark Chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
You can also mix in any of your other favorite cookie dough toppings, like chopped walnuts or pecans.
Almond Flour: Choose a finely ground blanched almond flour as the base of this recipe. While you could substitute all purpose flour at a 1:1 ratio, this presents two problems with a keto cookie dough recipe.
First, regular flour raises the carb count substantially. Second, since these cookie dough balls are served raw, you’d have to heat the flour to kill any bacteria. Baking the flour kind of defeats the point of a no bake cookie dough bites recipe.
Butter: While grass-fed butter is always the best choice (since it contains more nutrients than regular butter), just make sure to use real butter. Too many people make the mistake of choosing a butter-like spread, which wreaks havoc on your health.
Also, the butter needs to be softened prior to starting the cookie dough fat bombs recipe.
If you prefer dairy-free keto recipes, you can swap the butter in this fat bomb recipe for almond butter. Most other keto-friendly nut butters work too.
Dark Chocolate: For best results, I prefer to use a high quality chocolate bar instead of Lily’s chocolate chips in keto dessert recipes. Even though most “keto friendly chocolate” options claim a low glycemic index, I find too many sugar alcohols lead to digestive distress and sweet cravings on keto.
Sweetener: You probably noticed I skipped one of the common ingredients found in most keto cookie dough fat bombs – low carb sweeteners. Even though I have my reasons for no longer using keto sweeteners, I understand not everyone is there.
If you prefer your sweet treat with a little extra sweetness, try blending 1/2 cup low carb brown sugar substitute into the dough.
Want to avoid the erythritol added to most low carb brown sugar recipes? You can try a teaspoon of black strap molasses instead.
Keto Cookie Dough Bites Prep
First, allow the butter to come to room temperature. While the butter softens, you can prep the other ingredients.
- If adding nuts, use a nut chopper to chop into coarse bits.
- With the same tool, chop a dark chocolate bar into chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Measure the almond flour for the recipe.
Then set the dry ingredients aside until the butter is soft enough to easily beat with a hand mixer.
Form Cookie Dough Balls
Once the prep work is complete, add the softened butter, vanilla extract, and salt into a large bowl. If you decide to add a wet sweetener, now’s the time. Then use a hand mixer to blend until the butter is light and fluffy.
Next, add the almond flour into the bowl. This is a good time to add any dry sweetener you plan to use. Then use the hand mixer to beat the ingredients together until no dry spots remain.
Once the edible cookie dough is well combined, pour additional toppings like dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts on top. Use your hands to combine everything together.
After all of the ingredients are well combined, roll the batter into smooth balls. Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to get an approximate measurement for an individual fat bomb. Then use your hands to roll the dough into formed cookie dough fat bombs.
Add the keto cookie dough bites into the freezer until firm. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
Once firm, store cookie dough fat bombs in the fridge or freezer in a sealed container. I typically use a Ziploc bag.
Keto Cookie Dough Recipe FAQs
The recipe makes edible cookie dough bites since it doesn’t call for raw eggs or raw flour.
Most people can get away with 1-3 keto cookie dough bites each day. Of course, that depends on your personalized macros and what else you eat that day.
Fat bombs not only help curb your sweet tooth on a low carb diet, but they can also help ramp up fat burning. That’s because they help you eat more healthy fats, which may be necessary to trigger ketosis.
Not only that, but too many women fall into the calories in vs. calories out trap. Your body may not feel safe enough to let go of stored fat if you don’t bring in enough nutrients. When it comes to keto, more nutrients typically means more fat.
Keto Edible Cookie Dough Wrap Up
These no bake cookie dough bites are a great way to add more healthy fats into a keto diet. With five simple ingredients, plus a few minutes of prep time, you get healthy cookie dough bites that also burn fat!
Looking for more no-bake recipes? Walnut fudge bombs are the bomb!
Of course my favorite fat bombs are minty melts since this easy recipe is filled with coconut oil. (Psst – coconut oil can help you burn stubborn belly fat on a ketogenic diet).
Save this keto edible cookie dough recipe for next time. Please share on social media too.
Keep scrolling for the nutrition info and recipe card.
Make Keto Easy
Want better results on a ketogenic diet? Get the same info hundreds of women learned to finally make keto weight loss a breeze!
When you register for the Keto Quick Start Course, you’ll learn how I lost 100 pounds with a low carb lifestyle I love! This was after decades of miserable yo-yo diets.
Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
More Keto Desserts
Keto Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
No bake cookie dough bites that are low in net carbs and high in healthy fats. Keep a batch of keto cookie dough fat bombs handy whenever you’re craving a sweet treat. That way you can sneak in more healthy fats while also curbing your sweet tooth on a low carb diet.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins in freezer
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: Recipe Serves 16 1x
- Category: Keto Fat Bomb Recipes
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 oz dark chocolate (I use Lindt 90% from Thrive Market)
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- First, allow butter to soften to room temperature.
- Then add butter, vanilla extract and salt to a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat until the ingredients are combined, and the butter is light & fluffy.
- Mix in the almond flour. Beat with a hand mixer until well combined and no dry spots remain.
- Pour in chopped nuts and chopped dark chocolate. Mix by hand until well combined.
- Portion into 1 tablespoon increments. Roll into balls and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze balls for 20 minutes, or until firm.
- Store in fridge or freezer in ziploc bag.
- If you choose to add a sweetener, a low carb brown sugar substitute works well with keto edible cookie dough bites.
- Want to skip artificial sweeteners all together? Try mixing in a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses. This can give these fat bombs a sweet taste with very little carbs per cookie bite.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week. These will keep longer in the freezer – typically up to 3 months. Remove a few whenever you’re ready for a sweet treat.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 135.1
- Sugar: 1.1
- Sodium: 119.3
- Fat: 13.3
- Saturated Fat: 4.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5
- Trans Fat: .2
- Carbohydrates: 3.1
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: 15.3
Keywords: keto cookie dough fat bombs, no bake cookie dough bites, keto edible cookie dough