Keto Air Fryer Onion Rings
A flavorful keto onion rings recipe that cooks in an air fryer in less than 8 minutes. Indulge in homemade onion rings and lose weight too! The crispy crust is made from almond flour and spices, which make these onion rings the perfect low carb treat.
- Author: Nissa
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 6 - 8 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Keto / Low Carb Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice a large onion into thin onion rings (around 1/2 inch thick).
- Then mix the almond flour and spices in a small bowl. Pour it onto a baking sheet and flatten it into a thin layer with your hands.
- Next, beat the egg together with the heavy cream to form the egg wash.
- Line the air fryer basket with perforated parchment paper.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
Dip and Air Fry:
- Line up the sliced onions, flattened almond flour, egg mixture and lined air fryer basket.
- Start by dipping one onion slice into the egg wash. Shake the excess egg off and then dip it into the almond flour mix. Be sure to coat both sides thoroughly.
- Once both sides are coated, add into the air fryer basket.
- After all onions have been dipped, air fry until golden brown. This should take between 6-8 minutes for thin onion rings.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, you will need to cook these in two batches. You can quickly reheat onion rings in a toaster oven if your first batch gets cold.
- Try not to let the dipped onion rings touch. Start dipping large onions first, and then fit the smaller dipped onions into the larger rings.
- Cook air fryer onion rings in a single layer.
- Keep an eye on the onion rings so they don’t burn. All air fryers are different, so your air fryer onion rings may take more or less time to cook.
- Substitute coconut flour for almond flour if an allergy exists.
- Serving Size: Recipe Serves 4
- Calories: 99.5
- Sugar: 4.9
- Sodium: 305.1
- Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: .4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Fiber: 2.8
- Protein: 3.4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Keto onion rings, are onion rings keto, keto air fryer onion rings