Keto Sausage and Peppers
Keto sausage and peppers is an easy one pan keto meal your whole family will love. Enjoy this low carb sausage and peppers skillet by itself, or serve on top of cauliflower rice or zoodles to make a quick dinner that helps you stick to keto.
- Author: Nissa
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: Serves 4 1x
- Category: Keto Dinner Recipe
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1 lb Italian sausage links
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2–3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Slice the onions and peppers. Set aside.
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat
- Once hot, add the sausage links. Cook approximately 2-3 minutes per side, or until brown on both sides. (They will not be fully cooked).
- Remove sausage from the oil and place on a cutting board. Allow sausage to cool.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low. Add minced garlic, peppers and onions to the oil. Saute until the veggies soften, approximately 5 minutes. Stir on occasion.
- Add the basil, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes to a small mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Slice the partially cooked sausage into 1 inch thick slices.
- Add sausage into the pan with the veggies. Top with spices and stir well.
- Cover and allow the flavors to blend over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the olive oil.
- To change the flavor of this dish, mix in 1/2 cup of marinara sauce. Once it’s just about done, add mozzarella cheese on top and allow it to melt over the entire sausage and peppers skillet.
- Cover the sausage with a folded paper towel while slicing since the sausage links are still very hot.
- Choose whichever type of sausage you prefer for this easy keto recipe. While other kinds of sausage are higher in protein and contain less fat, most will still work with this recipe.
- Serving Size: Recipe Serves 4
- Calories: 544.2
- Sugar: 4.7
- Sodium: 911.6
- Fat: 47
- Saturated Fat: 19.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 27.3
- Trans Fat: .1
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1.5
- Protein: 21.7
- Cholesterol: 91.9
Keywords: Keto Sausage and Peppers, Chicken Sausage and Peppers, What do you have with sausage and peppers