Garlic Herb Baked Chicken
A juicy baked chicken recipe that’s great for keto meal prep, and also makes a quick and easy high protein dinner. Swap the chicken spice mix with your favorite spices to keep this simple chicken recipe interesting.
- Author: Nissa
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Keto Lunch / Dinner Recipe
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Keto / Low Carb / High Protein
- Diet: Diabetic
- 1.5 lbs chicken
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil (not extra-virgin)
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 cups cold water
- Start by brining the chicken: pour water into a bowl and stir in salt. Add the chicken into the water and place in the fridge for 10-30 minutes.
- If you have thick chicken breasts, slice in half to create chicken cutlets. This will reduce cooking time.
- Next, mix the olive oil with the spices in a small bowl into a paste. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Then remove chicken from the brine and pat dry with a paper towel. Allow the chicken to sit out while the oven heats up so it comes to room temperature.
- Brush oil mixture onto thinly sliced chicken breast. Coat both sides until well coated and place into the baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from the oven. Allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes to seal in the juices.
- Cook chicken at a higher temperature so it doesn’t dry out.
- Baste the chicken with the juices halfway through cooking for even juicier chicken.
- Coat the chicken liberally with the oil and spice paste to lock the juices inside.
- It’s imperative to allow chicken to rest after cooking for best results.
- Keep chicken in fridge while brining to avoid harmful bacteria.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 359
- Sugar: .1
- Sodium: 151.2
- Fat: 14.5
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: .2
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: .3
- Protein: 52.8
- Cholesterol: 144.6
Keywords: thin sliced chicken breast recipes oven, thin sliced chicken breast recipes, low carb chicken breast recipes boneless