What better way to sneak in more fat on a keto diet than with a delicious keto fudge recipe? Get your sweet tooth fix, plus the healthy fats keto requires, with this easy low carb fudge.
But wait – are fudge fat bombs required to lose weight?
Even with so many keto gurus telling you to keep fat intake low, keep reading to learn why so many women get BETTER weight loss results when they add a sweet treat like this easy fudge recipe to their plan.
Why Eat More Fat?
Even though many low carb experts still believe in calories in vs. calories out for keto weight loss, that’s not where the keto magic is. This is especially true if you’ve floundered in the world of yo-yo diets for some time – like I did for over 20 years.
While overeating fat also isn’t the key to weight loss, it’s important for many women to eat enough nutrients so that their body feels safe enough to release stored fat. In the case of keto, more nutrients often equates to more healthy fat.
Starvation diets only got you so far in the past before the weight came right back. The same thing can happen with keto, especially if you don’t eat enough fat to trigger ketosis in the first place.
So while adding more healthy treats like chocolate walnut fudge bombs is a good thing, overdoing even healthy fats on keto is still a no-no. It’s up to you to find the right balance that helps you feel satisfied, while still getting results.
Sugar Free Fudge Ingredients
You can whip up a low carb fudge with only 4 simple ingredients. Even better – none of those ingredients include added sugar, or even keto friendly sweeteners.
To get started, all you need is dark chocolate (85% dark or higher), salted butter, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
I turned this from four ingredient fudge into five ingredients with the addition of chopped walnuts. You can choose any other fudge toppings you prefer, like chopped pecans, natural creamy peanut butter, unsweetened creamy almond butter, or even coarse sea salt flakes.
Is Dark Chocolate Keto-Friendly?
You may wonder why this sugar-free fudge recipe calls for dark chocolate instead of common ingredients other keto-friendly fudge recipes use. While most recipes use ingredients like unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar free chocolate chips, and powdered sweetener – this one is different.
Even though I lost more than 100 pounds (even while keeping sweeteners in my keto lifestyle), I found the weight coming back on when I used too many low carb sweeteners in keto recipes. The cravings for non-keto sweets also kicked into high gear.
Since then, I do my best to avoid added sweeteners on a low carb diet. This includes leaving keto-friendly sweeteners out of keto desserts all together.
Since unsweetened cocoa powder is too bitter without an added sweetener, a keto-friendly dark chocolate bar provides just the right amount of sweetness, without added ingredients (or added cravings).
If this is your first time making this sugar free fudge, test the batter before freezing to make sure it has the right level of sweetness for you. If it’s too bitter, check out this keto sweetener conversion guide to help add a little bit of sweetness to your keto chocolate fudge recipe.
How to Make Sugar Free Fudge
Start by measuring out 6 tablespoons of heavy cream and set aside. Allowing the cream to come to room temperature is the best way to ensure the other fats don’t curdle when mixed with the cream.
Line a mini muffin tray with mini muffin tins while you wait. If you don’t have a tray, you can also use a silicone mold or even a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. That last option will help you create traditional fudge squares instead of individual fat bombs.
Once you’re ready to start this easy keto fudge recipe, add the dark chocolate and butter into a small saucepan. Melt together over low heat. Use a whisk to stir the chocolate together with the butter as they melt.
After the melted chocolate and butter are well combined, set aside for a few minutes to cool. You can chop the walnuts while you wait.
Once cool, pour in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Combine the fudge mixture well with a whisk.
Then pour the fudge into the lined tray in 1 tablespoon increments. Sprinkle the chopped nuts evenly over the fudge bombs.
Place the tray in the freezer until firm, which should take approximately 20 minutes.
How to Store Chocolate Walnut Fudge Bombs
Store the walnut fudge bombs in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. I store mine in a resealable ziploc bag in the fridge.
If it takes longer to eat your batch of chocolate fudge fat bombs, the best option is to store them in the freezer. Pull a few out whenever you’re ready for a sweet treat.
Keto Fudge Tips
Here’s a few quick tips to make your easy keto fudge even easier:
- If you decide to add a sweetener, use a powder sweetener instead of a liquid version or granulated sweetener. A low carb powdered sweetener dissolves into the chocolate better. It also won’t leave a bitter or gritty after taste.
- If you want a dairy-free keto fudge recipe, swap the butter for coconut oil and use a full fat coconut milk instead.
- I make fudge fat bombs instead of a traditional brick of keto fudge since it’s so easy to over indulge in even a sugar free chocolate fudge recipe. Bite sized servings of fudge are ready to eat whenever you need a chocolate treat.
- Want to cook less? Make a double batch of this keto fudge to store in the freezer.
- If you decide to make a brick, be careful when cutting the fudge as it may crumble when you cut. Cut slowly in a straight down motion to avoid crumbling.
The Easy Keto Chocolate Fudge Wrap Up
With only 2 net carbs per bomb, this low carb recipe is a great way to increase your healthy fat intake on keto. Remember – fat is your primary energy source on a ketogenic diet, which makes chocolate fudge fat bombs the perfect snack!
Want even more easy fat bomb recipes? Check out my favorite way to burn fat on keto – minty melts.
How about a simple recipe that combines butter, coconut oil, and cream cheese? These cheesecake fat bombs hit the spot! Or add a little almond butter to make delicious almond butter cheesecake balls.
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your Pinterest keto fat bombs board. Sharing is caring – please share this recipe on your favorite social media platform.
Keep scrolling for the recipe card and nutrition information.
Make Keto Easy
Want to make keto a breeze? Learn the secret ingredient our members use to lose up to 25 pounds in only 3 weeks on a keto diet! This is the same info I used to lose more than 100 pounds – even after every other diet failed!
Keto Fudge Recipe
More Keto Chocolate Recipes
3 Ingredient Low Carb Fudge
Peanut Butter Cups (low carb version)
Easy Keto Fudge Recipe
A sugar free fudge recipe that’s perfect for a keto diet, or any diet in which you crave low carb fudge. Top with chopped nuts or even peanut butter for a tasty peanut butter chocolate fudge combo. This low carb fudge recipe is the best way to sneak more healthy fats into your keto diet.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20 mins (Freezer)
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 16 fat bombs 1x
- Category: Fat Bombs
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: Keto
- Diet: Diabetic
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (85% or higher)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Measure the heavy cream and set aside to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Line a mini muffin tray with mini muffin tins and set aside. Alternatively, line a loaf pan with parchment paper or use silicon molds.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter together over low to medium heat. Once melted, set aside for a few minutes to cool. This helps avoid curdling once you mix in the cream.
- Chop the walnuts while waiting for the chocolate to cool.
- After the chocolate mixture cools, whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla extract. Combine well with a whisk.
- Add the chocolate mixture into mini muffin tins in 1 tablespoon increments.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the fudge bombs.
- Place in the freezer until firm, or approximately 20 minutes.
- Place bombs in a Ziploc bag and store in the fridge.
- This low carb fudge recipe tastes great without added sweeteners, however, taste the batter prior to freezing to make sure it’s sweet enough for you.
- If you prefer to add sweetener, mix in a keto friendly powdered sweetener, since this version mixes the best and won’t leave a bitter aftertaste.
- If you prefer a traditional block of fudge to fudge fat bombs, the cut the chocolate slowly in one motion to avoid the recipe from crumbling.
- Store in the freezer for a longer shelf life. Take a little bit out as you’re ready to eat.
- Don’t allow this keto fudge recipe to sit on the counter for too long since it will melt.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 106.4
- Sugar: 1.1
- Sodium: 30.1
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 5.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: .2
- Carbohydrates: 3.4
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 1.3
- Cholesterol: 15.9
Keywords: Keto Fat Bombs, Fat Bomb, Easy Keto Fat Bomb Recipe, Fat Bomb Recipes for Keto Beginners
NJ Knopp says
Tried these fudge bombs and they are ‘the bomb’ 🙂
I made a couple of changes – 1) added 1 tbsp coconut oil 2) used mixed ‘oily’ nuts and processed them fine in food processor, then mixed them into the fudge. They’re so good my hubby likes them – and he doesn’t generally like keto desserts!
Thanks for the recipe, and keep up the good work!
Flor Leko says
Thanks for your write-up. My spouse and i have generally seen that a majority of people are eager to lose weight simply because wish to appear slim and attractive. Nonetheless, they do not constantly realize that there are other benefits for you to losing weight as well. Doctors claim that overweight people come across a variety of conditions that can be instantly attributed to their excess weight. Fortunately that people who definitely are overweight along with suffering from diverse diseases can help to eliminate the severity of their particular illnesses by simply losing weight. It is easy to see a slow but marked improvement with health while even a small amount of losing weight is attained.
This easy keto fudge recipe is the perfect sugar free fudge to help you stay on track with a low carb diet!